Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Funny Valentine - Hart/Rogers, Arr. LaRue Nickelson



Performed by RCS. This was the Chord Melody peice I performed for my audition. It's rough, too rough in fact. Still, many of you were wondering what I played so here it is. I've never played Chord Melody before and I have to say, it's not easy! I passed provisionally btw which means I got in! I'll need to show marked improvement by the end of next semester to stay in but I think, given the instructors and my determination, that shouldn't be a problem.

RCS

2 Comments:

Blogger David Yoong said...

the progression reminds me of eric johnson's 'the first noel'.

and congrats again.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Absolutely wonderful, RCS. You played it about a half-step lower (in key) than what I would have sung it back in 'the day.'

I really really enjoyed this as it's always been one of my favorite tunes. Great choice and clean, clear melody. Thanks so much for sharing this!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home